08 June 2009

Sunday Dinner

We had a great day yesterday that ended with an AMAZING dinner last night at home. L. and V. came over early in the day to work on details, details, details. Being the food lovers we are, we jumped at the opportunity to"test" a few dishes for the inaugural dinner at the WPA.
(besides, fresh watermelon margaritas make u HUNGRY!)
I'll post the full menu for the 1st WPA dinner here in the next few days, but here's a little sneak peek...

L. whipped up an amazing salad of grilled rapini and Tuscan kale with slices of delicious apples and freshly grated Parmesan cheese finished off with a garlic mustard dressing. Unfortunately,
you'll have to wait to try this one. We decided to save this little gem for a later date, but it will definitely be on our table soon!

Jalapeno marmalade glazed pork tenderloin followed. AND, I made Mama Ellis' sage cornbread dressing alongside L.'s collard greens with slab bacon. (mmmm, bacon!)
Now, this plate will be making the rounds at the WPA's 1st dinner party!
I'd even wager that we'll see it again sometime after that.
J. made an amazing butter-pecan ice cream and served it with chocolate-dipped meringues. There's no picture because, as you can imagine, it went FAST!
How was your Sunday dinner?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous08 June, 2009

    A-mazing!
    I wish I could have come by but a girl's gotta wear wedding gear soon.
    Im looking forward to becoming a fat pig at your house this fall.
    lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST LIKE DOWNTOWN!
    WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Scotty, thanks for inviting me to be a recipient of your blog. I bet that cornbread dressing recipe is from home. I can't wait to hear and SEE more installments. Too bad I live so far away, or I would be the first to RSVP every time. I have read about these dinner clubs in several magazines - I believe the latest was a travel mag. From one foodie to another - bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete